Are you leaving town to go on a holiday and leaving your four-legged friend at home?
There are a few things that you can do to ensure the holiday period is stress-free for you and your furry friend.
- Prepare your yard for your dog before you go on holidays, ensuring all fencing is strong, secure and gates can be locked.
- Ensure your dog or house sitter knows what to do with your dog in the case of a storm or cyclone
- Ensure your dog has shelter and water available
- It is important that your dog is currently registered. If your dog escapes while you are out of town and is picked up by NC Animal Control, being registered ensures a quick and easy process to have the dog returned.
- Leave an emergency contact number and the local vet contact number for the person who will be looking after your dog
For any emergency Animal Control matters, please call 0419 838 064