UPDATE – 21st January 2021
MANDATORY FACE MASKS REQUIRED AT GOVE AIRPORT
On Friday 8th January 2021, the Prime Minister announced (National Cabinet agreed) mandatory use of masks in domestic airports and on all domestic commercial flights.
Furthermore, the NT Chief Health Officer Directions make it mandatory from the 20th January 2021 for face masks to be worn at all major NT airports and while on board an aircraft. Masks must be worn when inside the airport terminal building and when on the airfield.
Children under the age of 12 and people with a specified medical condition are not required to wear a mask. Mask wearing is mandatory at the following Northern Territory airports:
• Darwin International Airport
• Alice Springs Airport
• Connellan Airport - Ayers Rock (Yulara)
• Gove Airport
• Groote Eylandt
A person is not required to wear a mask during an emergency or while doing any of the following:
• Consuming food or beverage
• Communicating with a person who is hearing impaired.
• Wearing an oxygen mask
AIRPORT & TRAVELLING
• PLEASE NOTE: To reduce the challenges with social distancing and to minimise risks, only Airline passengers will be able to enter the Airport terminal,
• please drop-off and pick-up passengers outside of the terminal building
It is the responsibility of individuals to make sure they have a mask to wear when at major NT airports and while on board an aircraft.
• Please be aware of the NT Government Border Controls, which may be in place https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/travel/interstate-arrivals
• AirNorth schedule - https://www.airnorth.com.au/flying-with-us/before-you-fly/arrivals-and-departures