Gove District Hospital has been nationally recognised for the quality of its emergency and health care services, and is accredited by the Australian Council of Healthcare Standards. It is committed to providing the best standards of care to local communities by providing a comprehensive, well-developed and funtioncal range of services.
The hospital provides accident, emergency, surgery, obstetrics and related sercices to the approximately 16,000 people living across the main communities and homelands of North East Arnhem Land region. Most specialists visit Nhulunbuy at least once a month.
Miwatj Health Aboriginal Corporation is the regional Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service in East Arnhem Land and the largest remote Aboriginal Medical Service in Australia. The Nhulunbuy clinic provides comprehensive primary health care services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in town.
The Endeavour Medical Centre, Amcal Pharmacy, Arnhem Allied Health and fly-in fly-out dental services also ensure the health and care of the local residents.
- Gove District Hospital – Matthew Flinders Way (08) 8987 0211
- Endeavour Health Services – Chesterfield Circuit (08) 8987 3044
- St John Ambulance – Matthew Flinders Way (08) 8987 0200
- Gove Amcal Pharmacy – Town Centre, Chesterfield Circuit (08) 8987 1155
- Arnhem Physiotherapy – 8 Franklyn Street, Town Centre (08) 8919 4727
- Arnhem Allied Health Centre – 8 Franklyn Street, Town Centre (08) 8919 4727 (Services include Speech Therapy, Paediatric Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Remedial Massage)
- Miwatj Health Aboriginal Corporation – Arnhem Road (08) 8939 1900
- Everybodies Journey Physiotherapy – 11 Traeger Close, Industrial Estate 0497 003 381
Gove District Hospital has been nationally recognised for the quality of its emergency and health care services, and is accredited by the Australian Council of Healthcare Standards.