The Nhulunbuy Corporation facilitates a community advisory committee known as the Nhulunbuy Town Board. The role of the Town Board is to provide community and stakeholder feedback to the Nhulunbuy Corporation on how to improve the services and facilities the Corporation is responsible for within Nhulunbuy, the Industrial Estate and Gove Airport.
The operating parameters of the Town Board are set out in the Town Board Constitution. The Board meets on the fourth Tuesday of every month and the public are welcome to attend meetings if they wish. Alternatively, residents are able to raise issues for discussion by contacting one of the Elected Members.
Town Board elections are generally held every two years with the next election to be held in March 2019. Voting for the Town Board is optional. The elected Members represent the entire population of Nhulunbuy and the Industrial Estate.
For more information:
Lynne was elected to the town board following a ‘by-election’ in January 2018. She previously served on the board for around 18 months in 2007-2008.
Lynne has been a resident of Nhulunbuy since 1990 and has worked as a high school teacher, community relations with NABACLO/Alcan/Rio Tinto and served in the Territory Legislative Assembly as the Member for Nhulunbuy.
During her time in Nhulunbuy Lynne has raised a family and served on many committees. Currently she is president of Gove Peninsula Festival, secretary of the Arnhemland Historical Society and a member of Gove Arts Theatre and the local RSL.
Her roles over the years have had a strong community focus and she understands the importance of strong representation.
At a time when Nhulunbuy transitions to a post-mining economy, Lynne is keen to make sure that the town is well-serviced and that constituents get best value for their annual “service fees” (rates). She is also keen to see that the transition includes moving to a model of local government which better represents the interests of rate-payers and to ensure the long-term future of Nhulunbuy with its rich social fabric. Lynne is happy to be contacted at any time by locals to raise matters of concern.
Megan is an elected member of the Town Board who has a keen interest in the Town and enjoys being part of the sense of community that the town offers.
Having lived in Gove for 22 years Megan has had the opportunity to be involved in many volunteer and community groups and has held senior positions through employment opportunities which have allowed a deeper insight into Nhulunbuy and the workings of the town.
Megan, with husband and two children, enjoy living and working in the region and wants to see Nhulunbuy continue to thrive into the future through new and exciting prospects as the town changes and evolves.
Megan wants the community to know that they are more than welcome to contact her regarding any issues or concerns that they feel the Town Board need to aware of so that the community feel that they are being heard.
Chris was elected unopposed in February 2019 for a term of four years.
Originally from Cunnamulla I have always been a country girl. I moved to Nhulunbuy in June of 2018 and instantly fell in love with the community. I have worked in the Fishing Retail and Commercial Seafood Industry for over 35 years and now I am putting my skills to use to Manage Gove Tackle and Outdoors for Kelly and Jeff Murray. This has also given me the passion to be involved with the community where ever I can help out. I look forward to being the voice of the community and contributing where ever I can.
Town Board Minutes
- 22 Jun 2021 Nhulunbuy Town BoardMinutes
- 18 May 2021 Nhulunbuy Town BoardMinutes
- 27 Apr 2021 Nhulunbuy Town BoardAttachments
- 30 Mar 2021 Nhulunbuy Town BoardMinutes
- 23 Feb 2021 Nhulunbuy Town BoardMinutes
- 27 Jan 2021 Nhulunbuy Town BoardMinutes
- 14 Dec 2020 Nhulunbuy Town BoardMinutes
- 24 Nov 2020 Nhulunbuy Town BoardMinutes
- 27 Oct 2020 Nhulunbuy Town BoardMinutes
- 26 May 2020 Nhulunbuy Town BoardMinutes
- 28 Apr 2020 Nhulunbuy Town BoardMinutes
- 24 Mar 2020 Nhulunbuy Town BoardMinutes
- 25 Feb 2020 Nhulunbuy Town BoardMinutes
- 21 Jan 2020 Nhulunbuy Town BoardMinutes
- 05 Dec 2019 Nhulunbuy Town BoardMinutes
- 22 Oct 2019 Nhulunbuy Town BoardMinutes
- 24 Sep 2019 Nhulunbuy Town BoardMinutes
- 27 Aug 2019 Nhulunbuy Town BoardMinutes
- 06 Aug 2019 Nhulunbuy Town BoardMinutes
- 25 Jun 2019 Nhulunbuy Town BoardMinutes
- 28 May 2019 Nhulunbuy Town Board
- 23 Apr 2019 Nhulunbuy Town Board
- 26 Mar 2019 Nhulunbuy Town Board
- 26 Feb 2019 Nhulunbuy Town Board
- 22 Jan 2019 Nhulunbuy Town Board
- 08 Jan 2019 Nhulunbuy Town Board
- 18 Dec 2018 Nhulunbuy Town Board
- 20 Nov 2018 Nhulunbuy Town Board
- 22 Oct 2018 Nhulunbuy Town Board
- 25 Sep 2018 Nhulunbuy Town Board
- 21 Aug 2018 Nhulunbuy Town Board
- 24 Jul 2018 Nhulunbuy Town Board
- 26 Jun 2018 Nhulunbuy Town Board
- 22 May 2018 Nhulunbuy Town Board
- 24 Apr 2018 Nhulunbuy Town Board
- 20 Mar 2018 Nhulunbuy Town Board
- 20 Feb 2018 Nhulunbuy Town Board
- 23 Jan 2018 Nhulunbuy Town Board