Information for Businesses and Not For Profit (NFP)
If you have had a loss of income due to the COVID-19 crisis and do not believe you can meet your upcoming rates or utility payments, you can apply for rate and/or utility relief. To be eligible to apply you must supply evidence of loss of income which occurred after 18 March 2020.
What will not be considered is:
• Retrospective claims for overdue amounts prior to 18 March 2020
What factors will be considered when assessing applications:
• Level of information provided – is there enough detail
• Is the business/NFP sustainable beyond COVID-19?
• The direct impact COVID-19 has had on the demand/loss of the business/NFP
• State of the business/NFP prior to COVID-19
• Impact of the rate and/or utility relief to your business/ NFP
• Other assistance you may be accessing
• Contributions your business/NFP makes to the Nhulunbuy Community
• Efforts you made to minimise impacts and losses
• Other options – payment plans, time extensions – would they be more beneficial?