COVID-19 UPDATE – 25th March 2020
COVID-19 Update – 25th March 2020
The Nhulunbuy Corporation is working with this fast-evolving situation to ensure our core services are maintained. Whilst working as an organisation to plan for potential business disruptions and ensure business continuity, we are continuously working to achieve a safe community.
To assist the community, please note the following update on our services and facilities.
- Hours of operation remain unchanged; we encourage customers to take advantage of BPAY or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) and Phone Pay with credit card. This will reduce the need to come into the office. If you are coming into the office, please ensure social distancing is adhered to.
- EMAIL: email@example.com, PHONE: 8939 2200
- Increased cleaning regime including counters and public areas
- Ongoing communications with Airnorth are taking place to ensure control measures continue for passengers
- Continuing with increased cleaning of airport facilities to meet advised standards
- Provision of additional hand sanitiser at Check-in and handwash facilities available in washrooms to promote good hygiene practices.
- Providing written information for passengers, in the terminal building, including:
Information for international travellers – Department of Health
Isolation Guidance – Department of Health
Isolation Advice – Australian Border Force
All the above written information is available at: www.ncl.net.au
- Working with the NT Police in relation to screening incoming passengers as of 4.00 p.m 24/03/2020
- Closed, effective 6.30 p.m., 25 March 2020, following new Australian Government control measures.
- Memberships will be extended – along with refunds for newly purchased memberships.
- Closed, effective 25 March 2020, following new Australian Government control measures.
- All functions such as the Nhulunbuy Town Markets due to operate in the Town Hall are now cancelled.
Waste Facility and Roadside Kerb pick-up
- EFTPOS transactions only – all residential general and green waste are FREE
- No change to current operations.
- Playground equipment will be regularly sanitised – it is advisable for parents/users to follow the Government’s Health Department hygiene advice and social distancing guides (see links below)
- Hindle oval will be open for use – please follow the advice regarding social distancing
Water Supply and Infrastructure
- Our tap water is safe to drink.
- There is no evidence that COVID-19 is transmitted via drinking water and we have strict measures and controls in place to ensure the safety and quality of drinking water.
- After hours on call number: 0407 972 550
Moving to essential works and matters only – we appreciate your cooperation with minimising the need to come into the office and request the use of email and or phone for communications:
- Please refer all enquiries by email or phone where possible: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHONE: 8939 2200 – OFFICE, 8939 2204 – DIRECT, 0417 391 507 – MOBILE
- INSPECTIONS: only where essential, please arrange by appointment through the provided contacts
Moving to essential works and matters only – we appreciate your cooperation with minimising the need to come into the office and request the use of email and or phone for communications.
- Please refer all enquiries by email or phone where possible: email@example.com
- PHONE: 8939 2200 – OFFICE, 8939 2206 – DIRECT, 0419 838 064 – MOBILE
If you have any queries regarding this information, please call the office on:
PH: 8939 2200 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Useful Websites: https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/