Cantrell Skate Park
The Cantrell Skate Park was opened in December 2002. It is recognised as the most remote skate park in Australia and was named after local resident Eva Cantrell who lobbied for many years for a site that Nhulunbuy’s skaters and bikers could enjoy safely.
The Nhulunbuy Corporation now maintains the park which is home to some great local skaters and bikers.
Skate Park rules
• Skate at own risk. No Liability is accepted by the Nhulunbuy Corporation for loss, damage or injury
• For your safety, protective clothing including a helmet must be worn at all times
• Children under the age of 10 years must be supervised by an adult
• Motorcycles are not allowed
• Please keep the area clean and use the bins provided
• Be careful when crossing Matthew Flinders Way when arriving at or leaving the park as this is a busy cross road!
• Sand can erode the street art on the ramps, so please keep it away from these areas
• Please keep bikes and scooters away from the tables so they can be used by others. Lean bikes/scooters against the fence or use the bike rack
• Please keep bikes and scooters away from the drop off edge if resting or waiting. Move to the outer rail rests or leave the slab if you need to take a break
• Always be considerate of others
• Always look where you are going first before you take off
• Look out for little kids – they have every right to be there too
Please enjoy the Skate Park and remember that is for everyone and everyone has a right to use it.