Town Board – Enrolment Day
Enrolment Closure Day – Thursday 9 March 2017 at 4pm
Residents are advised that the election of three representatives to the Nhulunbuy Town Board will be held on Saturday 8 April 2017.
Any person wishing to cast a vote must first be enrolled as a voter for the Nhulunbuy Town Board election.
Residents are advised that the enrolment roll closure date is Thursday 9 March 2017 at 4pm. No enrolments will be accepted after this date.
Enrolment forms are available at the Nhulunbuy Post Office and the Nhulunbuy Corporation Head Office during normal business hours or enrolment can be effected online at http://www.aec.gov.au/enrol/.
To be eligible to enroll, voters must be:
- over 18 years of age
- enrolled on the Commonwealth Electoral Roll for the Northern Territory, and
- a current resident of Nhulunbuy
Candidate nominations will close on Friday 24 March 2017 at 12 noon. No nominations will be accepted after this date and time.
To be eligible, a candidate must:
- be enrolled to vote in the Nhulunbuy Town Board election
- not be employed by the Nhulunbuy Corporation, and
- not be disqualified from being a member of the Nhulunbuy Town Board under section 30 or 40 of the Associations Act