Community Consultation – Water Fluoridation in Nhulunbuy
Nhulunbuy Corporation and the Town Board are considering the issue of water fluoridation for the town of Nhulunbuy. Some community members have suggested it will have public health benefits to the community.
Nhulunbuy Corporation has engaged consultants to seek community feedback on the option of adding fluoride to Nhulunbuy’s town water.
The water is not currently fluoridated. It meets Australian drinking water guidelines.
To gather a variety of perspectives, GHD will be consulting in Nhulunbuy during the week of 11 November 2019 as follows:
- Face-to-face stakeholder meetings – Wednesday 13 and Thursday 14 November 2019
- An information stall at the Gove Tackle & Outdoors store, Endeavour Square on Thursday 14 November 2019 from 10.00am to 2.00pm
- A community survey available via our website: Community Consultation Survey – Water Fluoridation
The Community Consultation Survey will Close Monday 25 November 2019, 4:00pm.
To assist the community in providing feedback, the following resources are available:
- FAQs Community Consultation
- Fluoridation Public Statement from the National Health and Medical Research Council
For queries relating to the consultation, please contact Cassandra Buckley on telephone 0408 565 622 or 8982 0154.