COVID-19 Update 30 April 2020
To assist the community the following update provides brief information on services and facilities.
The Nhulunbuy Corporation and Rio Tinto understand there are businesses and Not for Profit groups experiencing challenging times and will be offering relief across all rate and utility debtors. Relief will be in the form of:
• Extensions in payment dates, for rates (2nd instalment) from 28th June to 28th September 2020 (needs to be applied for)
• Extensions in payment dates for utility payments, 1st quarter for 2020 payments extended for 3 months (needs to be applied for)
• Rate and Utility relief, on a case by case basis
Please note electricity relief measures will be supported by Rio Tinto as the electricity provider.
Please contact the office for further information and the application process:
PH: 8939 2200
The office will be open to the public TUESDAY 5th May from 8.00 a.m.
You can continue to communicate with us through:
For Payments, these can be received:
PHONE: 8939 2200, with a credit card, EFT: Transfer funds from your account to NC
BPAY: check the statement for the BPAY details WEBSITE: for information www.ncl.net.au
• PROPOSED OPENING TUESDAY 5th May from 10 a.m (Due to the acceleration of the annual maintenance over this period we are working as quickly as possible to finalise these works. We will confirm the opening date on Facebook and our website).
• The Dry Season closure works were brought forward which included:
✓ Painting changerooms
✓ Plant and equipment maintenance
✓ Pool emptied allowing a thorough clean and repairs
✓ Grounds work
✓ Instalment of new electro-chlorination system
THERE WILL BE NO PLANNED CLOSURE FOR THE DRY SEASON 2020 DUE TO THESE WORKS NOW BEING COMPLETED
• All current Memberships will be extended FOR AN ADDITIONAL 2 MONTHS – (you will not need to do anything but continue to use your pass).
• Please be aware of the NT Government Border Controls, which are still in place and requires all travellers to quarantine before or upon returning to Nhulunbuy
• AirNorth schedule – https://www.airnorth.com.au/flying-with-us/before-you-fly/arrivals-and-departures
• Remains closed. Due to open on the 15th May 2020 as per NT Government announcement on 30th April, keep an eye on Facebook and our website for further updates.
• All functions such as the Nhulunbuy Town Markets due to operate in the Town Hall remain cancelled. The next proposed Market will be 20th June at the Boat Club.
• An extensive cleaning and tidying process has been completed
Waste Facility and Roadside Kerb pick-up
• EFTPOS transactions only – all residential general and green waste remains FREE
• No change to current operations.
Parks, Playgrounds and Skatepark
• OPEN, effective 12 NOON, 1ST MAY 2020, following NT Government announcement.
• There has been considerable works conducted across our parks throughout their closure which includes:
✓ Town Board Project – installation of BBQ’s, shade, seating and water bubblers across all parks (please note the BBQ’s at Banyan, Whitewood and Bunggalwuy Parks still require power connections).
✓ Softfall refresh across the major playgrounds (please note there may still be some sand stockpiled for laying)
✓ General safety and maintenance audits
✓ Tree lopping and tidying up
Water Supply and Infrastructure We have a range of measures in place to manage the impacts of COVID-19. Our priority during this time is to continue to provide the community with access to safe water to protect the health and wellbeing of our people.
PLEASE NOTE: SOCIAL DISTANCING STILL APPLIES AT ALL PLAYGROUNDS, IN THE OFFICE AND THE AQUATIC CENTRE.
If you have any queries regarding this information, please call the office on:
PH: 98939 2200 EMAIL: email@example.com
Useful Websites: https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/ https://www.health.gov.au/